have reason

Go down

have reason

Post  burch555 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:13 pm

have reason

which he-may have reason to believe was obtained by similar means. If he will not do all this, Quis tulerit Grac- chos de seditione querentes. . Men of Wiltshire, I have heard of a dinner at Marlborough, of Mr. Wellesley's friends, the price of which, including wine, «was five shillings a-head; I have heard, also, that the enter tainment was a sumptuous one; that public singers and news-paper reporters were retained, and that a considerable party continued till after sun-rise, drinking French Wines. Five shillings per man cover the expense ? impossible! By whom, therefore, was the surplus defrayed ? If by Mr. Wellesley, to Tory Burch Flats what an abyss of degradation are we sunk ? Treating-houses opened for the freeholders of Wiltshire? Is this to be submitted to? Had such a proceeding taken place after tbe writ had issued, Mr. W.'s election would have been Tory Burch Shoes ;vacated by the treating-act; and shall we be only honest by compulsion ? v Is our independence such only as is enforced by penal laws, and not that which is the result of moral feeling ? If it is, I shall curse the hour that provoked this contest, exposing, as it does, the nakedness of my native county—Not this the act of an injudicious friend, over whom the Candidate has no control-f- not this the overheated and unauthorised zeal of a professional agent,—but a shameless attempt at corruption, broad and glaridg as the sun at noon-day. Of Mr. Wellesley I repeat I know nothing, and am most 1 973 ♦ willing id believe that he is the victim of bad advice, in his intercourse with the woiid. I have never heard that he has been guilty ef any tbing unwerthy tbe character of a gentle-man, or of the name of Wellesley; but there is some secret agent that directs him to ill; let .me, then, tell this man, who-ever he may be, that his measures will be as devoid of success, as his machinations are devoid of principle; and that, unless Wiltshire has ceased to be what I can remember that it was, 1 may venture to quote to him from a celebrated author— " He may bribe, but he will not seduce; he may buy, but be will not gain ; he may lie, but he will not deceive." I shall wait most anxiously to hear, that Mr. Wellesley paid nothing more than bis own share at the tavern at Marlborough. A CONSCIENTIOUS FREEHOLDER. ' Tq my Tory Burch Outlet 'Brother Yeomen and Freeholder qf the County qf Wilts. RESPECTED FRIENDS,—As I am well known to of you.

burch555

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: have reason

Post  kun21 on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:52 am

good idea,hope you can write more article

Windows 7 Home Premium
Buy MS office 2007

kun21

View user profile

Back to top Go down